Mental Health First Aid Training Course
- DATE: May 10 - May 11 EDT
- FEE: FREE Members
- VENUE: Zoom
- OPEN TO: PACT Members & Colleagues
PACT & The AFC are please to offer a subsidized round of The AFC's Mental Health First Aid Training Course. By offering the program at no cost to participants, we hope to allow access to any of our members who have not taken this valuable training due to its $200 registration fee.
Spots are very limited, so we can only accommodate one participant per company. If demand exceeds capacity, we will prioritize participants based on need, taking into consideration factors such as the financial means of the company and the level of human resources training already present within the staff.
Applications have now closed for this course offering, and prospective participants will be contacted by the end of March. If your company can afford the usual registration fee, we encourage you to consider registering with The AFC for one of the sessions taking place over the next few months.
WHAT IS MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID?
Mental health first aid is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis.
Most people are familiar with CPR and know what to do when they are faced with a cardiac emergency. However, would you know what to do if you were faced with someone having a mental health emergency? Now more than ever, it can be vital to understand the signs and symptoms of someone in a mental health crisis and know how to help.
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID (MHFA) VIRTUAL TRAINING COURSE
The course was developed by the Mental Health Commission of Canada. During the course, the participants will learn how to:
- Recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis.
- Find and reach out to professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being.
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis.
- Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being.
- 8 hours of instruction: 2 hours of self-directed study, plus two 3-hour virtual classroom sessions.
- Self-study Online Module 1: access link will be sent to course participants by email after their registration has been processed but not later than 2 weeks before the course start date.
- Virtual Classroom Modules 2 and 3: delivered via Zoom on May 10th and 11th from 12pm to 4pm ET.
- ORGANIZER: PACT
- PHONE: 1.800.263.7228
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- WEBSITE: https://pact.ca